Wednesday, April 6, 2011
On a new journey
Another journey has begun in my home and with myself. A few weeks ago I stood in front of a full length mirror (I don't have one in my home), and I did not like what I saw there. I will not go into detail, but I sure wasn't happy with it. I began looking into different options that would best benefit my health and my daily life. I noticed that I was wearing several hats, perhaps not all of which I am meant to wear, however, somehow I was trying to wear them all and at one time. It was not working as the stress that I was experiencing became noticable. I am a wife, mother, foster mother, homeschooling mom, housekeeper, teacher, appointment keeper (as one of our kids has speech problems), I am balancing, workers coming in and out of our home to help with the care and education of the little ones. Dealings with social workers, parent, and you name it I am experiencing it . I have come to realise that I have been feeding my stress, feeding my emotions and gaining weight in the process. I am 51 and the last thing I need is more weight. I have found the winters here in Saskatchewan harsh and unrelenting at times, and I have not enjoyed keeping fit as I aught. My daughter 10 has been trying get me to exercise, and I have been turning her down for weeks, perhaps even months. But now, I am finding that with spring in the air and the snow is now melted enough for me to walk without slipping and falling, I am ready to begin to challenge myself, and start to lose weight. I was going to look into two different programs in the city where I live, one I kept missing out on and the other concerned me when they spoke of "appetite suppressants" and the cost of the pills I would have to take, and the cost in general. Oh, my! there was no way I could afford to pay out the amount of money they required. I would have to justify it my husband, plus the timing was off as we are in the midst of planning and saving for another move that's to occur at the end of the summer. Another stressor. lol but one that I want to face with a little less weight to hinder me. I decided to go with Weight Watchers, and I found a local chapter just a few blocks from home. I can use the walk. Yeah! As I sat in my chair this morning, planning my meal and thinking about the points, I felt that I needed to journal my journey and all that I am going through and all the plans that we are going to do together.
This is me at 267.8lbs. I am embarassed to be this weight, but this is a challenge to myself. Never again!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment