This has been a long week, both the Lilies have been sick again and we have been house-bound. I was going a little stir-crazy so by Thursday I had to get out of the house, so the girls and I got ready and headed down the road and went shopping (yes, it was most therapeutic). We had a blast and when that was said and done we went to visit my other sister who has MS and we had a fantastic time with her and my niece and nephew and had a good laugh. God knew how much we needed this time together, and how much I needed adult conversation. So our plans for this week were lost, but we are still having fun.
Our Canadian Thanksgiving is in a few days, and we are planning a Thanksgiving meal to share with my family, however, we will not be having the traditional turkey dinner, but we are going to do it Caribbean style. I am looking forward to having the family around and be able to share a little of what we do in Canada.
God is my refuge and help a very present help in times of trouble, and these last few weeks have not been without their trouble, I give God thanks for all those who have kept my family in prayer, and thank God for His ever present help during those times. He has met me on several occasions here, and has reminded me of the walk that I started on over 30 years ago and the path that I have been on in my marriage, and not forget the wonderful relationship that He has given me with my children. Despite it all, I have been on a journey of self discovery, and He has not disappointed me.
He has been leading me through some of the dark places of my past, and into His light. He is forever faithful and will not abandon me, He is with me even when I feel alone and wondering what on earth I am doing, He is there, He never fails. No, He never fails.
Peace!
Friday, October 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment