This evening I was out for a walk with my family, I started out well, but found that I needed to slow down here and there as my back began to hurt. My body felt like it was betraying me, telling me how out of shape I was. I had not been on this trail before, so it felt like the walk was never going to end.
We walked along the river and saw several ducks paddling in flocks and crossed a couple of bridges(you should know that I hate bridges have done ever since I was a child and my dad use to try to drag me over the little bridge at the local pond where I grew up). It was there that the wind picked up and I raised my arms and twirled, like I was a little girl again. Arms held high I seemed to take flight as on eagles wings. Then I realized, the very same thing that I had come to dislike over the past year living in Saskatchewan (the wind), I was beginning to appreciate with new eyes.
I hated the windchill of -40 Celsius during the winter, and decided I did not want any part of it. Yet, now I noticed how the grasses swayed and danced in the breeze like waves on the sea. The bull rushes seemed to raise themselves to their full height as if in worship to the Lord, they too swaying gracefully in the breeze as to a song. I am amazed as I view the wind with a new respect and remind myself of how amazing God's creation is and wished that I had brought my camera to capture the images before me.
We walked along the river and saw several ducks paddling in flocks and crossed a couple of bridges(you should know that I hate bridges have done ever since I was a child and my dad use to try to drag me over the little bridge at the local pond where I grew up). It was there that the wind picked up and I raised my arms and twirled, like I was a little girl again. Arms held high I seemed to take flight as on eagles wings. Then I realized, the very same thing that I had come to dislike over the past year living in Saskatchewan (the wind), I was beginning to appreciate with new eyes.
I hated the windchill of -40 Celsius during the winter, and decided I did not want any part of it. Yet, now I noticed how the grasses swayed and danced in the breeze like waves on the sea. The bull rushes seemed to raise themselves to their full height as if in worship to the Lord, they too swaying gracefully in the breeze as to a song. I am amazed as I view the wind with a new respect and remind myself of how amazing God's creation is and wished that I had brought my camera to capture the images before me.
I raised my hands again and felt the cool summer breeze that brushed past my face and over my arms and I thanked God (Jehovah) for the beauty of the wind, and I twirled in the breeze and could feel His peace roll over me. Peace that only God can give, and I say to myself, "Yes, Lord, thank you for the wind!" And begin to dance.

How wonderful! Those really are the best moments in life - God blesses us when we actually see them. :)
ReplyDeleteShellie