Hi! I would like to welcome you to Lilies of the field.
This is our first blog and I am looking forward to sharing our family life with you.
This has really been a transition time for every member of our family, we are home based educators and we educate our two children both girls at home. Sydnee 10 and Kezziah 9. I am the primary educator as my husband Rob works. But most of all we love the Lord and try to walk in His ways.
A couple of months ago we moved from a large city, and a small three bedroom house with basement and backyard, into a small two bedroom apartment in a small town in Saskatchewan. I have been trying to fight the depression and despair that I have been experiencing on this move, and know that by God's grace that I will make it through.
You can imagine the upset when we have to leave most of belongings in storage so that we can be together as a family. It is not always easy, but it our life and we believe that we have to take each day and make the most of it. We are not perfect but we know the One who is, and for that I am really thankful.
When I began this blog I wondered what I would call it, and as the girls and I begin a very special trip, I thought of calling it Lilies of the Field, because we are like lilies growing up in a field, beautiful, learning to be all that God would have us become. I wanted to dig deeper in my faith and see His hand of provision for us. In the Bible, Jesus said, '"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not not labour or spin. Yet, I tell you, that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these."' This speaks of what we are expiring to be, beautiful lilies, provided for by God.
Especially at this time as the girls and I are embarking on our journey to Europe in a few weeks. To say that we are excited would be an understatement. I watched as my two little lilies jump around the apartment dancing and singing for joy. I have listened to the squeals and yells of my little lilies as they chant "We're going E-N-G-L-A-N-D --P-A-R-I-S--R-O-M-E" through the living room and down the hall. Their excitement infectious and I join in. God sure knew that we needed this and He has provided it all. Sure my husband will not be coming with us, he will be home working. But this is an incredible gift that I could not pass up.
The girls have taken out their suitcases and have begun to pack for their adventure that really doesn't begin for another three weeks. I smile at the childish activities of my little lilies as they prepare with the energy of sprites, and eagerly begin their study of french and history so that we can discover the world that they are about to ensue.
As for myself, my mind is reeling from all the things I have to do before I even set foot on a plane, preparing their work for us to take so that we can continue with their schooling, and making sure we have all our papers and things in place. And in the mean time I am trying to lose weight. Ah!
Today, is a beautiful day to begin.

wow fantastic, i cant wait for you to write more about your family and your walk!! God is certainly abundant and with us always!!
ReplyDeletedebbie
Congratulations on the birthday gift and may you and your lilies have a wonderful visit.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry you are going through a depression, I don't wish that on anyone. I have been through it, and I am finally at a place where I have learned to "let go and let God". I have been mostly at peace recently, so know that it does pass, even if you have to go directly through it for it to end. If you ever need anything, you can get me on THL :)
ReplyDelete