Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Blessings of Life

Right now I am looking around my living room, and listening to the silence in our home. My lilies are busy doing their school work and the living room is stacked with suitcases etc. It is not time to go on our trip but the packing has begun.

Earlier this week we learned that we would be moving from our cramped two bedroom apartment into a three bedroom row house, I can tell you the joy and excitement we have all been experiencing has been long in coming. The fun part at least for me is that though I have to try to pack up the apartment once again in a short space of time, I do not have to move any of it. My dear husband will have that wonderful job.

But it was my oldest daughter who surprised me with her words as she sat contemplating what it this all would mean, and she said, "Mom, I am willing to stay home and help daddy with the move." I chuckled at her, thinking, "yeah, right! You'd stay while your sister and I went to England." But after some time of pondering her words I have come to realize that my little lily is growing up, she was willing to make that sacrifice, when I sure did not want to. What did that say about me? I questioned myself, and what a wonderful blessing my little lily is to me (sometimes I don't always see it). What a wonderful example of love.

Did not Jesus give himself as a sacrifice for us, how amazing was that. He willingly gave himself for us, for the sins of the world. He is our example.

Though we are about to embark on another move our spirits are high and we are walking in the joy of the Lord and have the promise of His blessings, as I see God in the midst of our hearts and our home. Knowing God is right here in the centre of our lives, we hold onto Him as we trust Him for each step we take. And we bask in the blessings of life.

2 comments:

  1. How awesome! Your daughter really "gets it", and is willing to sacrifice herself for others. You are a truly wonderful mom/example!
    Shellie

    ReplyDelete