The girls and I had a wonderful morning, we went to the park, conservation park that I grew up to just right across the street. We learned so much history, history that I took for granted as a child. How wonderful that I get to share it with my lilies.
The big white house that stands beautifully in the park was one of three mansions, though only the one remains,there is a gazzebo and cricket pitch and tennis court. It has a lovely pond and many different types of birds, I want to return with our binoculars. The magnificent trees that have stood much longer than I have been alive about two to three hundred years to be exact stand tall and majestic in the park, how amazing is that. The poplars, maples, magestic oaks and willows grace this park where elderly people stroll, and the younger men jog, or school children in uniforms play supervised by their teachers. Two men playing tennis on the tennis court and mothers with their children spend a few hours enjoying a picnic and the marvellous wooded walks that speaks of mystery and intrige. I begin to wondered how I missed this growing up, but I did, back then like most children I lived in the here and now.
I point out the willow where I was kissed and enjoyed this wonderful time with my Lilies as we played in the fields. They pick leaves and watch for the four footed creatures that don't want to appear, expect the squirrels that scamper around gathering their nuts for their winter store.
The gathering places so quiet and serene, I watch as my Lilies play.
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment